Blog: Getting bigger, faster returns from Microsoft Teams
Lockdowns have definitively proved the effectiveness of home working, worldwide. It’s set to become accepted practice for more people and on a more regular basis than ever before. So, this is the perfect time to make sure you’re getting the best out of your investment in collaboration technologies like Microsoft Teams.
If, like many, you’ve been relying on Teams to connect and engage your people during the pandemic, you’ll already know this elegant solution demands more than just plug and play.
To unlock its telephony potential, Teams requires extensive technical expertise that you may not have in-house. And even if you do, you might not want to add to already stretched workloads. Teams also lacks compliance telephony features that could be essential to your operation. Other gaps, like native CRM and contact centre integrations, make it hard to capture and share customer information. Call charges can be expensive too – not to mention IT overheads.
If you haven’t yet tapped into the full potential of Teams, think about turning it on now. Here at Foehn, we’re helping clients do just that. Bringing the help and functionality they need – and a better return on their original investment – in two moves.
Turn up the Teams voice
The first involves extending Microsoft Teams to really make it sing. Integration with Voxivo, our cloud communications platform, plugs major gaps straightway while introducing new levels of flexibility and manageability. You’ll be able to:
- Take control of your telephony, using our drag-and-drop dial plan editor for instant changes.
- Identify and better manage incoming calls, or redirect them to the most appropriate person anywhere, through intelligent routing.
- Release voice from rigid PBX chains, gaining all the traditional functionality you’d expect together with security and compliance features like PCI DSS and MIFID.
- Make and receive calls through the Teams app, so you can always connect to your customers and remain productive while on the move. (You could go even further and enable full contact centre capabilities in Teams by integrating with VoxivoCX.)
Managed service yields better results
The second move involves switching to a fully managed service from a provider with the right skills mix. We’re expert in both unified communications and contact centre technologies.
And when it comes to telephony, we’re helping customers setup Direct Routing so they can make and receive calls within Microsoft Teams. It’s a native feature that yields rapid results, but requires a sound understanding of Microsoft licences, certified session border controllers (SBCs) and SIP trunks. We’ve got all that.
As with any IT procurement process, you’ll also be looking for strong customer references and a credible roadmap that signposts future developments. Again, we have both.
Last, but not least, you’ll need a managed service provider you can count on to handle those gritty but vital telephony support and maintenance tasks:
- Proactive monitoring of your voice environment to ensure high levels of performance and user experience.
- A minimum of 99.99% availability assured by an SLA.
- Support for moves, adds and changes as well as new user provisioning and a 24/7 helpdesk.
This is what we live and breathe.
The right time to knock down silos
So, two simple moves you can make right now. A sure-fire way to optimise Microsoft Teams for post-lockdown working environments and ensure faster payback on your investment.
Given the current uncertainties, flexibility is a huge advantage of this approach. And there are many other potential benefits for your entire organisation, especially customer-facing roles like agents as well as supervisors, managers and IT:
- Smarter voice capabilities that improve collaboration and the user and employee experience
- Increased productivity due to IT efficiency gains and more effective, integrated tools
- Real-time reporting that delivers better business and customer insights and enhances decision-making
- Cost savings from retiring expensive legacy phone systems and enabling Direct Routing
- A smooth, low-risk transition to cloud telephony that accelerates your digital transformation agenda.
We’ve all experienced the difficulties that are caused by islands of information, technology and communications. This is an opportunity to knock down several siloes in one go.
It’s your move.
Read our guide to Microsoft Teams to learn how you can make your investments go further.